Halloween is coming up and while dressing up is fun, some people feel like their glasses take away from their costume. Not every character wears glasses, so many get frustrated and self-conscious because they feel like they will not look “right” in their costume. In a child’s eye what vampire or witch wears corrective lenses! Not everyone can wear contact lenses, being a child or not having the money to afford a pair can hinder your ability to wear contacts. However, there are ways around this, and the best way is to incorporate what you got into a costume. In fact, there are quite a bit of options available for those who wear glasses; you just need to open up your eyes.
Colored contact lenses can be harmful for your eyes, and can be expensive, so it’s good to stick with what you got and work with it. This doesn’t take away from the frustration of not having the correct hair color, but a wig is a much easier find! If you are looking for a way to incorporate a pair of glasses into a Halloween costume, check out these creative suggestions:
- Velma from Scooby Doo-an orange sweater, a pair of knee socks, paired with a red skirt is all you need. Having a dog with you, along with the gang doesn’t hurt either!
- Garth from Wayne’s World-all you need is a flannel shirt worn over an Aerosmith t-shirt. A classic pair of blue jeans with black converses makes for an easy costume that leaves room open for a paired up costume!
- Liz Lemon from 30 Rock– all you need is a cardigan, a button down shirt, and a pair of jeans-simple!
- Minion from Despicable Me-this one is a great idea for children; you can find this costume at a Halloween store or make the outfit yourself!
- Wenda from Where’s Wenda-You don’t get much more simple than this, as all you need is a red and white striped hat and shirt. Make sure you have Waldo with you!
- Meg from Family Guy-this one is easier for all you last-minute people. All you need is a pink hat and t-shirt, and make sure you complain about your family a lot and you are all good to go!
- Daria from Daria-an oldie but goodie, all you need is sarcasm, paired with combat boots, a black skirt, and a green blazer!
- Scully from the X-Files– Wear a power suit, don some red hair, a flashlight, and make sure you have your side kick Mulder with you, it can get scary out there!
- Harry Potter from Harry Potter– this is another great one for kids, and for those who are kids at heart. You can find this costume in store, or make one yourself! All you really need is a want and robe!
- Mary Katherine Gallagher from Superstar!– Besides having arm pit order, the only other items you need are brogues, and a Catholic schoolgirl uniform.